- Become informed and spread the word, talk with family, friends, and colleagues
- Share the video recording of FORUM2022 (link TBA) and all our ECO JUSTICE FOR ALL interviews
- Join an environmental group, unite and take action
- Take part in or organize a cleanup on a beach, river, creek, park, street, etc
- Use your voice and your vote to push for credible climate action locally, nationally, and globally
- Support legislation to curb plastic production and waste
- Put pressure on corporations and manufacturers
- Make your money count, support green companies
- Invest money responsibly in renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Walk, bike, or take public transport
- Reduce, reuse, purchase items secondhand, repair & recycle properly
- Cut down your consumption
- Eat organic, non-GMO, eat more vegetables, and less dairy, meat, seafood, and fish
- Cook more, buy more in bulk
- Don’t waste food, create compost
- Respect and protect green spaces, do not cut down trees
- Plant trees and native vegetation, plant regenerative forests and food gardens
- Cut back on flights, boat cruises, and unnecessary travel
- Refuse any single-use plastics and avoid products containing microbeads
- Carry reusable bags, produce bags, water bottles, utensils, coffee cups, and straws.
- Save energy at home and at work.
- Use less water. Use less hot water.
- Adjust your thermostat for heating and cooling.
- Switch to energy-efficient light bulbs and electric appliances.
- Turn off electronic devices when not in use.
- Wash laundry with cold water and hang clothes to dry.
Host a viewing party for one of the many plastic-pollution-focused documentaries, like A Plastic Ocean, Garbage Island: An Ocean Full of Plastic, Bag It, Addicted to Plastic, Plasticized, or Garbage Island.