The UN Department of Public Information (DPI),in partnership with the Temple of Understanding, presents
Women as Roots of Change: Sustainable Food Production and Sovereignty
Part of the 61st Commission on the Status of Women (Side Event)
Thursday, March 23, 2017, 11 am – 12:45 pm
Conference Room 2
United Nations Headquarters, New York
Building on the intersections between Sustainable Development Goals 2, 5, and 6, this briefing will feature the voices of Indigenous people and highlight women’s leadership role in sustainable food production and sovereignty.
- Sister Celine Paramunda, Medical Mission Sisters
- Betty Lyons (Onondaga Nation), American Indian Law Alliance
- Roberto Mukaro Borrerro, International Indian Treaty Council
- Dr. Chantal Line Carpentier, Chief, New York UNCTAD
The relevant Sustainable Development Goals include:
2. Zero Hunger
5. Gender Equality
6. Clean Water and Sanitation
The Temple is extremely grateful to Tribal Link for their collaboration on this event.